To All Our Students and Clients:
At TONI&GUY Hairdressing Academy, our number one priority is to create a safe environment for our students, clients, instructors, and other staff members. As we continue to receive new updates about COVID-19 and the impact it has, the team at TONI&GUY is committed to doing everything we can to make sure everyone who comes into our schools is protected.
Tips for Preventing COVID-19
Right now our salons are temporarily closed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please contact your local TONI&GUY location to get more details for our future or if you have any questions about changes as we start to reopen. Once it is safe for our salons to open back up, we will continue to stay committed to following the health suggestions that are outlined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health agencies. We encourage everyone to do their part by researching more about COVID-19 on the CDC’s website to learn how they can help stop it from spreading.
As salons and other local businesses begin to reopen in the coming weeks and months here are some tips can do as you as a client, student, or staff member of TONI&GUY:
- Always wash your hands! (after using the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, etc.)
- Sanitize everything around you. Our teaching stations for students have been consistently wiped and sanitized for each client.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or tissue paper that’s thrown away after use.
- Don’t touch your face and especially your eyes and mouth.
- We are asking that everyone, student or client, stays home if they are feeling unwell. Our team will work with you to help reschedule or stay up-to-date with classes.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms should not come into our schools for a period of 14 days and 24 hours after the symptoms end.
As always, you can contact us if you need any clarification on these or have any additional questions about what you should be doing.
What Does This Mean for Your Beauty Career
We understand that at this time, students are not only worried about their health but also what COVID-19 means for your future as a beauty professional. With many people worried about going out, you may feel uncertain about how you can still keep up your loyal clientele and stay engaged with them as you’re preparing to graduate. If you’re a student wondering how you can reassure your clients when it’s safe to reopen our salons, here are some tips:
- Sanitize your working stations. You should be doing this already but now is the time to go the extra mile and clean them even more thoroughly.
- Research more about COVID-19 and show that you know all the precautions you should be taking.
- Take the time to interact even more with clients and potential clients on your beauty social media accounts.
- Be willing to adjust your clients’ schedules and be aware that they may want to postpone their appointment.
Although this is a new situation for all of us, our industry professionals at TONI&GUY are always happy to give you more advice on what you should be doing during this developing situation.
TONI&GUY is Willing to Help
As we receive new information about COVID-19, we will continue to update you on what TONI&GUY is doing to help prevent the spread of this virus. We want to stress that it’s important for everyone to stay informed with new details from the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO), and other disease prevention health agencies. Above all else, we want our TONI&GUY family to know that we’ll do everything we can to make sure everyone can feel safe at our schools once we reopen. We hope you continue to stay healthy.