Cosmetology school is for anyone who is ready to jumpstart their career in creativity and individuality. At TONI&GUY Hairdressing Academy you can learn how to become a well rounded, total concept hairdresser with the skills and confidence to enter the salon upon graduation. The education you will find at our academies is like no other—we want our students to build their brand and express their own creativity through photoshoots, student shows and competitions.
We offer four different programs to help you find the perfect skill set to prepare you for your career beyond our academy. The cosmetology program is offered at all TONI&GUY Hairdressing Academies. Only participating locations offer the additional barbering, instructor and esthiology programs. Check this out, to find our locations offering these programs.
The Cosmetology Program
This program focuses on our classics curriculum including the 11 cuts and nine color techniques. While in the program you will learn hairdressing, product knowledge, make-up, skin care, salon service and continued professional development. Our curriculum includes but is not limited to:
1. Fundamentals 1 & 2 (8 weeks)
- By day two, you are working on hair
- Learn the foundation of cutting and coloring
- Work on cut & color techniques on mannequins to become a total-concept hairdresser
2. Intermediate cut & color (12 weeks)
- Start taking clients
- Concentrate on inclusive culture, customer service and self-marketing
- Focus is on classroom & clinic floor
- Expand your knowledge on skin, nails, makeup, styling and avant garde
3. Advanced (8 weeks)
- All day client services
- Advanced and speed techniques from our latest collections
4. State Board Prep (4 weeks)
- Prepare for your State Board Exam
- Recap on fundamentals
- Testing, timing and practical procedures
5. Salon Professional (8 weeks)
- Refine your hairdressing skills
- Define your brand by bringing in clientele
- Build resume and portfolios through workshops and photoshoots
**Flex Week & Custom Education:
- This is the opportunity to participate in advanced training, TIGI product education, creative projects, field trips and photoshoots.
Our education doesn’t stop there. We offer multiple advanced courses after graduation from our academies at a discounted rate in order to help hairdressers keep up to date with modern styling cut and color techniques.
Finding the right program and academy is important for you. Don’t be scared, ask us your questions in order to help you make the right decision. For more information on how you can get started or to tour one our academies visit our website.