Whether you’re styling your hair at the salon or at home learn how to create boho curls that are always in style, especially when taken to the next level—think natural beachy boho waves at a Blake Lively level. National Salon Educator Mayra Rodriguez shows us how.
Before you begin here are a few tips to help you achieve the best styling possible: First, remember to start mid-strand with your curling iron, feeding hair in toward the ends. This allows for a more even, non-choppy curl. Second, allow for the proper amount of curl-to-heat ratio; too much heat will burn hair, too little won’t hold a curl.
What you need to create the boho curls:
- 1 inch barrel curling iron
- Bed Head Full of It Volume Finishing Spray
- Bed Head Beach Bound Protection Spray
- Hair clips
Let’s get started.
- First make sure to add your Beach Bound Protection Spray for heat against the curling iron. 2. Part the hair through the middle all the way to the nape of the neck. Once the hair is in two parts, subdivide the sections from right and left.
- Starting on either side of the head, wrap a small amount of hair around the curling iron and curl it back, moving away from the face.
- Continue working the technique to the center, subdivide as needed with hair clips and repeat on the opposite side.
- Once the bottom section of hair is done, take the middle section down. Transition into a diagonal parting again, only this time curling the hair moving toward the face, repeat till you’re finish the middle section. Notice the change in hand position while curling, allowing for the curl to go the opposite way then the rest of the hair.
- Take the top section of hair and begin to curl the back moving away from the face, finishing the hair.
- Finally, utilize the Bed Head Full of It Volume Spray to finish the look.
Clients can always ask for boho curls in our salons found in our style menu. This method of curling hair creates a relaxed look, natural but polished. Learning how to create the boho curls is a fun way to mix up your iron curls. Have you ever tried this method? Watch the video for a quick how to. Let us know how it worked for you! And follow us @toniguyusa.